Brooklyn Estate Planning Lawyer
Over 30 Years of Experience Protecting Assets and Legacies
After working hard your entire life to acquire wealth and assets, it’s
important to take the necessary steps to protect them and ensure they’re
inherited by beneficiaries you trust. By creating an estate plan, you
proactively provide protection for your assets and those you care about.
The Law Offices of Steven M. Adler, PLLC offers the compassion and fundamental knowledge necessary to help members of the Brooklyn community protect the life they’ve built and provide a deserved future to their loved ones. Our Brooklyn estate planning attorneys have over 30 years of experience helping clients protect their assets, family, and legacy. We continue to approach each case with the individualized attention and personalized assistance necessary to create the plan that’s right for you.
We offer compassionate and communicative assistance with your estate plan. Call us today to get started: (516) 740-1184.
What Should I Include in My Estate Plan?
The more thorough your estate plan is, the more effectively it will cover all aspects of your future planning. Our attorneys will help you understand and incorporate:
- A last will and testament to document the desired future of your assets and wishes for your burial
- Revocable and irrevocable trusts to allow assets to transfer to your desired beneficiaries with ease
- Letters of intent to provide the executor of your will with detailed instructions to ensure your assets are handled as you envisioned
- Durable power of attorney to appoint someone who can make financial and legal decisions on your behalf when you pass or become incapacitated
- Healthcare proxy to make medical decisions on your behalf if you become incapacitated
- Guardianship decisions to provide your dependents with suitable legal guardians to care for and protect them
Our attorneys possess the necessary knowledge to help you include these or other documents in your estate plan in a manner that can maximize the retention of your wealth and minimize the necessity for probate, and even potentially lower relevant estate taxes.
Modifying Estate Plans
Estate plans are meant to serve your best interests and are dependent on your unique circumstances. However, situations can change over time as new people and assets enter your life and others leave. It’s wise to update your estate plan to reflect these changes. Certain life events could spark the need to update your plan, such as:
- Having another child or grandchild
- Your child aging and becoming an adult
- A change in marital status
- The death of a loved one
- Purchasing or selling property or other financially significant assets
Our attorneys are available throughout the drafting process and remain available to help ensure your estate plan continues to reflect your needs and wishes for years to come.Don’t delay in drafting or modifying an estate plan to secure your future. Contact the Law Offices of Steven M. Adler, PLLC for help today.