Business Law Attorneys in Long Island
Experienced Business Lawyers Serving Jericho, NY
You are probably well aware of the financial aspects of opening your own business, but are you aware of the legal ramifications? The Law Offices of Steven M. Adler, PLLC is knowledgeable in the many areas of business law. We can help you regardless of how far along you are in the planning or execution process.
Our Long Island business attorneys are proud to offer trusted counsel so that clients can turn to us for the following:
- To assist you with selecting the best business model whether you have an incorrect model or no model at all
- To assist you in drafting the proper agreements with vendors, employees, investors, partners, and others involved with your business
- To assist you in exploring potential opportunities
- To evaluate your insurance decisions, guide you in protecting your assets and commercial property, and assess your tax-saving strategies
- To help you avoid legal and business problems and respond should any arise
Whether it is a sole proprietorship, partnership, joint venture, limited liability company or corporation, our Long Island business lawyers can advise you on creating the best structure for your large or small business and how to manage it.
Protecting Your Business in the Future
If you are just starting your business, you will need to choose a structure that will be beneficial to you and your business in the long term. There is much to consider when choosing a business structure, such as risks, liabilities, employees, and income taxes. Our business attorneys can help you weigh the benefits of these different structures while minimizing or avoiding legal issues.
Once you have your business started, you will need to work to ensure your operation runs in compliance with New York state law. At our law firm in Jericho, New York, we can help you draft and review your legal documents, including shareholder agreements, employment contracts, and deferred compensation plans. In addition, we can assist with agreements related to commercial real estate property.
The Benefits of Estate Planning for Your Business
After your business is up and running, you may want to consider passing it on to future generations. Did you know that only 30 percent of businesses are successfully passed on to the second generation? This statistic is in part due to the lack of comprehensive estate plans of owners and the difficult and sometimes damaging probate process. The skilled Long Island business attorneys from our firm can assist you in creating a business succession plan and can help you pass your company to your children or other loved ones.
Understanding the Difference
At the Law Offices of Steven M. Adler, PLLC, we are different from most other business planning attorneys in many ways, including:
- There are no surprise costs with our firm as most of our fees are fixed and agreed to in advance. You choose the level of planning and cost that best suits you and your business at our initial meeting.
- Instead of just preparing a set of legal documents and hoping for the best, we check on you and your business to help your company grow by advising you on best-calculated risks for the biggest rewards.
- We meet with clients regularly. We understand that throughout the life of your business, you, your assets, your business, and the laws will change. Through an ongoing relationship, we can help you navigate those changes.
- You never have to worry about whether we will return your phone calls or play phone tag with our office. We have an entire team available to answer your questions and help make the process as easy and painless as possible.
- By counseling you on the best choices in matters, such as buying insurance, selling your business and retirement planning, we help you maintain orderly legal and financial affairs and protect you from salespeople who are more interested in earning money than helping your business grow.
- We understand that your work is meaningful, and we can assist you in keeping it that way. We believe our clients' businesses are here to last and we want to help each and every one of them with legacy planning
Contact the Law Offices of Steven M. Adler, PLLC today for counsel and legal advice from our Long Island business law attorneys.
If you are opening or running a business, it may be in your best interest to seek quality legal counsel. Because we are a small boutique firm, our skilled business attorneys work directly with each client and take the time to understand their needs. With over 30 years of experience and an understanding of economic matters, we are prepared to help you plan and manage your business.
If we are unable to help you with a case we are more than happy to refer you to one of our trusted attorneys.
Because we work so closely with our clients and provide them with personalized attention, we are very selective and only work with businesses we love. If you are interested in working with our firm, please contact us today.
If we agree to work with you, we will walk you through the information for your business. After the business is planned for, we proactively handle clients' business legal matters to grow the businesses.
If you are interested in working with us, you must complete schedule an appoint with our firm to discuss your plan.